We offer a full "Bat" service, including ;
1. basic scoping (a survey for the presence or absence of bats).
2. If bat signs (or potential) are found in the above survey, then we must undertake a full activity survey which consists of a dawn and dusk activity survey as well as a static survey through the use of a passive bat recording device.
3. All bat droppings are sent for DNA analysis to ascertain the species of bat, this means all measures for your bats are tailored to the needs of that species.
4. Mitigation plans.
5. Method statements for builders, planning departments, local authority ecologists and architects etc.
6. EPS licence applications (European Protected Species); We can guide you through the process or complete all the paperwork for you. This licence is usually necessary when you have a confirmed roost in your development so that work that you are planning can go ahead legally......as it is an offence to disturb a roost, destroy a roost or to kill a bat.
Some of the many Architects and companies we work with and have undertaken work for are listed below feel free to call them for a quote for their expert services:
Carmarthenshire County Council
Ceredigion County Council
7. Oversee building works during EPS licenced developments. We also offer Ecological Clerk of Works services and supervision for all sizes of jobs.
8. Tree Surveys for bats and for construction to BS5837.
9. Grant funded works e.g. Glastir and Lottery funded projects
10. Any and all building types surveyed including, Listed buildings, Ancient monuments, Napoleonic Forts, barn conversions, commercial buildings and large developments.
11. Surveys for sustainable energy developments e.g. Single or multiple Wind turbines.